Monday, November 2, 2009

For a Change

For a change a real blog post...

Thanks to my twitter friends @caseydamnmorgan, @asparkle, @nettagyrl, and @adelehaze I became aware of the National Novel Writers Month project. Thus far my writing in this blog has evolved, as it has evolved me, to a point where I am ready to try something bigger. So I'll be trying my hand at a full-on novel during the NaNoWriMo (try saying that fast a few times) period - the entire month of November. I wont be posting anything here - I'll be taking time off from FFF, MfM, Bookends, and the rebirth of Sensual Stories. I simply have very little time as it is - adding another 4 - 5 hours a day of recreational writing just wont fit. So, I'll be back here at the end of the month, probably very thankful to write short little things as opposed to a 50,000 word novel.

The main site is www.nanowrimo.org if you are interested in the whole concept.

And for any who'd like to follow my efforts I've started another blog just for this project (and whatever flows from it, I guess) - www.toms-writing-adventure.blogspot.com. I expect to post daily regarding my progress and how easy (or, more likely difficult) I'm finding it. I'll probably also post excerpts as well. As always feel free to comment, there or here, and I'll be back here posting my usual stuff at the end of the month. Thanks to all of you who've commented on my stuff here. The feedback was invaluable, and one of the things that gave me the self-confidence to pursue my muse...

No comments: